Pretty In Pink!

Well, it's been an exciting past few weeks...... NOT!  

After my better half got a tooth of his knocked out, which prompted an emergency trip to the dentist for a temporary replacement, apparently my migraine thought it needed a little attention as well and landed me in the ER for one of those shots that leave you singing the Teletubbie's, song while drooling on the table, for the next two days!



"Eh, Oh!  
Somebody need some Tubby Custard now?"


"Uh no Po.  Think I'll pass this time around."


After things settled down a bit, which rarely happens around here, I started on this piece that I picked up on Craigslist:


Not very exciting at first, but all wood, and strong bones.

I am really excited about this new product that I picked up while in Huntsville, AL not too long ago.  I visited The University Pickers shop where Three French Hens is located.  Three French Hens is a retailer for Maison Blanche paint.  They in turn, have a awesome product called Glacage Embossing CrĂ©me.  



Glacage Embossing CrĂ©me allows you to make a raised image from a regular stencil.

So I used this as my stencil:



I applied it with a credit card (yes it was cancelled!).  Why?  Because it allows for smooth, controllable application over the stencil.  It also makes it easier to scrap off excess.  But you can use whatever you like, just make sure it's thin and flat.  A putty knife would work!


This is after the Glacage is applied and allowed to dry (wait 24 hours on this one), 
and then one coat of ASCP in Scandinavian Pink is applied.

When painting a lace stencil like this, it is better to use a small round stencil brush so that you can stipple in between the narrow spaces of the raised image.  During the second coat, go ahead and use a brush if you want.



After the second of paint, you can see how well the Glacage is standing up to the paint.  I was concerned, at first, that the Glacage would be too fragile.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that through all the painting and waxing, nothing flaked or chipped off on me.

After both coats were dry, I reapplied the stencil back over my raised image and stippled on a couple of light coats of ASCP in Old White.  This made the image really *pop*!



I finished painting the whole vanity with the Scandinavian Pink after this.



I added an embellishment to the top back of the vanity next.




Painted it Old White:



Prepped my knobs and handles for painting in Old White later:



Covered old knob holes, prepped for and painted on stripes:




Part of me felt like I was making an elaborate cake, lol!



A few finishing touches and some wax and she was done!










Pretty In Pink!



Linking Up With:

Somewhat Simple 

   

Furniture Feature Fridays       
  

 


The Shabby Nest   


PJH Designs







Comments

  1. What an awesome redo! Love the way the stencil came out. Very unique piece. Thank you for sharing such lovely inspiration.
    Hugs & Blessings ...
    Lani
    Simply Fresh Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your hubby are doing better! I have migraines, but not that severe! Love what your doing and that product sounds fantastic - gorgeous results. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on this piece. I love the raised stencil and the color. Thanks so much for sharing at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read