Industrial meets Copper...

Well hello world!  Long time no freaking see... of me... because it's been a MOST tumultuous year!  Let's see, where do I begin with this soap opera???

My father died...
Separated from the hubs...
Bought a house...
Saw both the twins through some very heart wrenching breakups themselves (after my breakup, of course, because I had to tell them what I learned) ....
Put one child in private school....
Put another child in homeschooling...
Found a job (cause child support just ain't cutting it here) ....
Van blew up - had to get another car...
Working on a completely different "furniture" direction....
FINALLY getting back to my creative self.

I have literally navigated through 4 of the 5 top stressors in life and freaking LIVED to talk about it.



And these are some of the things I've been doing in the past few weeks to restart the old engine (and it's old, really... not kidding).

When you go through a separation and/or divorce, everything in the house goes.  You either get rid of burn and tear the living crap out of what was his stuff, and hocked your unwanted wares on Facebook these days.  Honestly, I've been through more furniture transitions in the past year than I'd like to count.  Last week I had four sofas in my house.... seriously!

So the only sane thing I knew to do was start back on my furniture creations which we're just waiting for me to come back.

I had a vision for the kitchen after selling the antique sideboard the ex bought me a few years back.  It had to go even though I loved her curves and carvings - but his fingerprints were still on it.  So I contacted a local woodworker here, Southern Furniture Plus,  sent him a few pics of what I had in my head, and he made me this:


I also asked for a floating shelf to put above it.

After delivery, it sat unfinished in my kitchen for a few months before I could get back to them.  It's been chaos around here, and I'm just not kidding about that one.  Did I mention the twins wrecked both their cars?  No, yeah, well just throw that in the mix will ya!

After I got back to these pieces, it took only 2 days to hammer out what I wanted to do.  Here is the results of that project:




So THAT'S done!



Next, I'm gonna show you my new Bunny Hutch!










Comments

Post a Comment

Most Read