Rustic French Buffet

Just finished a piece for a client.  She liked the Rustic End Chest piece I did, so I pretty much did the same on this as I did on that.

I liked doing this piece better for all the *imperfections* throughout the buffet.  Lots of dings, knicks, and "trenches" in the wood to work with.  


I was giddy with excitement!


Did I also mention that I did this during Spring Break, and taking a small vaca in the middle of this project?  Did I also mention that it was with 5, not 4 kids in tow?



So, here's what I started with:



After a coat of French Linen....



I added a coat of Coco and then used a tobacco glaze over that first.....  then sanded.



BUT, I did not stop there.  This became a process of putting on and taking off here and there with a sanding block, then more back on.  It's a detailed process when you're working on so many small areas and crevices.  After I used the tobacco glaze, I literally went back to using layers of clear and dark wax to emphasize the small areas and all the dings and knicks - combined with sanding.  It gives a great surface protection if the piece is going to get a lot of use!  After the drawers are put in, more wax is added to create an even flow in the stain.


So this is the result of the finished buffet!































I also finished up this floor mirror for her before I did her buffet:




It's been busy around here to say the least!  I'm ready for my own vacation after the kids go back to school!

But it's so not happening.  Thank God for Michael Buble' during times like these!


Think I'll take Michael's advice!

Till then......



Linking This Piece With:


TDC Before and After

PJH Designs


Green Willow Pond

































Comments

  1. You did a fantastic job! I really love the layers of paint. The finish is great, especially the top. Glad you shared, I'm pinning this for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute!!!
    Absolutely gorgeous transformation - you knocked this right out of the park
    ( even Mr. Buble thinks so )
    Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the dings came out with all that layering. The dings are what make it look so cool I think. It looks like re-claimed wood and is AWESOME!
    Thank you so much for stopping by to visit me and leave a sweet comment about my fix for missing moulding! I can't wait to see it!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about it too! I thought your tip was simply amazing. I wasn't looking forward to making a latex mold, in which you have to put several layers on in order to get a good mold to work from. My daughter also makes a lot of jewelry from polymer clay so we have a lot of it around. Plus, your idea makes it possible to reuse the mold for other pieces.

      I'm not sure if you know of the implications of this. You have a whole other cottage business just from that one suggestion!

      Delete
  4. Classic! What a gorgeous piece. Very nice:>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Do you glaze directly over the ASCP? I find it soaks in. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had a problem with the glaze soaking in. When you apply the glaze, wipe off afterwards. Work in small sections for better control.

      Delete
  6. Really beautiful job. I'll be featuring you later tonight on Transformed Tuesday.

    Thanks so much for linking up

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece has such great character and you added such beauty with this paint and stain treatment - looks marvelous. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read